Sunday, August 28, 2016

A Holy Spirit

A Holy Spirit

For a while now I've been grappling with my past, contemplating memories about spirituality. 

About a month and a half ago I dreamt vividly about a church. I looked up at it feeling power sunk to this massive building tangling my views on spirituality or god. Questioning my logic, I walked into the church but not like a mindset I have today, one similar to my mind as a teenager, where I'm unhappy and need saving. As I walk in, I stare heavily at the darkness around the church. The building is black and I'm anxious at what awaits. I look up before I enter a light passes through shimmering the tall point above the building. I witness a still moment in the corner of my eye so I level my glance to a room filled with people wearing black. There is darkness, shadows cover the faces of the people around me. I know them. I greet them, as though I too am a shadow hidden facade. I walk to find a seat. Grimaces in the crowd grow. I look for the walls they're white although they appear coffee ring stain beige because of how dim the lighting is. My eyes follow the dark walls to the ceiling where a Thrayben Gargoyle watches over us atop an elegant vintage wood stained beam. I glide distracted of my surroundings to a seat I was steered to unknowingly. I remove a dark chitinous cloak from myself and lay it on the chair behind me as I do I begin to hear "ooh's and ahh's" coming from the stage. Almost instantly my attention is fully aware I am in a church and the worship team is gently serenading the audience as we all settle into a spot. We hush one another awaiting evolving wilds. I watch the individuals around me as their moods lighten and with the stage so bright all the faces light. The brightness fills the room consuming each shadow and each person to a white light. Limitless music escalates.
I awake.






No comments:

Post a Comment